Under the Lab Coat
A Scienceline Valentine
Roses are red, Violets are blue, Science is awesome And so are you! Here’s a list of the top 11 Scienceline articles to send your sweetie for Valentine’s Day. Maybe […]
Alexandra Ossola • February 14, 2014
Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Scienceline (and these two cats) [Image credit: Flickr user Zemlinki!]
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Science is awesome
And so are you!
Here’s a list of the top 11 Scienceline articles to send your sweetie for Valentine’s Day.
Maybe it can’t take the place of flowers or chocolate or wine. Maybe it’s better.
11) The heart is a beautiful proxy for emotions. But how does it REALLY work?
How does the cardiovascular system work? by Joseph Castro
10) Learn from the birds: romancing your mate and guarding your territory may be more closely related than you think.
Jungle love—and turf wars by Susannah Locke
9) If you’re getting it on, be sure you’re doing it right. Safely, that is.
Sexing Up the Pill by Frederik Joelving
Reconceiving the Male Pill by Andrew P. Han
8) Some music to set the mood? How about some sexy science rap?
Human mating behavior gets a bassline by Arielle Duhaime-Ross
7) If you’ve got a little one in the mix, maybe you could get some parenting tips from an unexpected source: the wasps.
Where is the love? by Greg Soltis
6) One way to know if your date is going well? He laughs, he smiles, he sneezes. We can’t make this up.
Sneezing for some means a bit more(gasm) by Dave Levitan
5) Life is like a box of chocolates: a constant effort to keep the fungi at bay.
The chocolate wars by Laura Geggel
4) Last Valentine’s was just a blur. And now you have some, er, unanswered questions. Let’s get that taken care of for you.
How does a paternity test work? by Kathryn Doyle
3) What a charming smile she has! Well, maybe, but you might just be evolutionarily programmed to think that way.
A fine-tuned grin by Emma Bryce
2) If Valentine’s just twists the knife in your aching broken heart, don’t worry. Things will get better. You’ll get through this… probably.
Is it possible to die of a broken heart? by Karen Schrock
1) And that age-old question: Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? by Melinda Wenner
Life is like a box of chocolates: a constant effort to keep the fungi at bay. Box of chocolates may contain different flavours so you have to like and taste it. Happiness will make your life beautiful. If you want your friends and family to make laugh and feel happy then send happy birthday memes funny to make their day very special. These memes not only makes you laugh and also express your love towards them.